The King is dead, murdered by an unknown assailant. Now the once peaceful kingdom of Fahrul is in chaos.
With nowhere left to turn and stretched beyond her means, the queen has put out a desperate plea to the citizens of the land to rise up and help stem the tide of impending doom. Set off with your make-shift party, either single player, local, or online co-op. Choose to split your party up and cover more ground, or stick together for protection. A sound strategy can mean the difference between life and death.
For The King is a challenging blend of Strategy, JRPG Combat, and Roguelike elements. Each play through is made unique with procedural maps, quests, and events. Brave the relentless elements, fight the wicked creatures, sail the seas and delve into the dark underworld. None before you have returned from their journey. Will you be the one to put an end to the Chaos?
Fight and die as a party in fast paced and brutal turn-based combat using a unique slot system for attacks and special abilities. Find and gather herbs for your trusty pipe to heal your wounds and cure your maladies. Set up safe camps or brave the horrors that nightfall brings.
Just remember adventurer, you do this not for the riches or fame but for your village, for your realm, For The King!
FREE content update for For the King called "Endless Dungeon" mode.
Players will now be able to discover what lies beyond Hildebrant's Cellar in an all new challenge mode. Those who delve deeper into the dungeon will unlock unique items and character customisation options. Adventurers will face new traps and square-off against fresh foes as they look to stop the heroes in their tracks. Three new Steam achievements have also been added to this update.
In addition to the new content, For The King has added Polish language support and a new player stat screen showing a detailed breakdown of player skills, ongoing buffs and stats in one convenient place. A new feature called ‘House Rules’ has also been included in this update and allows players to adjust various game settings to tailor games to their preferences.
- New Endless Dungeon mode! Discover what lies beyond Hildebrant's Cellar in an all new challenge mode.
- Unlock new items and character customization options in the lore store the deeper you go.
- Face new traps and new enemies in an all new dungeon environment
- 3 new Steam achievements
- House Rules allow players to adjust various game settings to tailor games to their preferences
- Polish language now supported
- New player stat screen accessible from the player HUD shows detailed breakdown and explanation of player skills, ongoing buffs, and stats, all in one convenient place