ASUS Z170-PRO, motherboard
One click for superb performance, with Intel® USB 3.1 Controller
- 5-Way Optimization: One click to optimize your entire system; plus a dedicated onboard water-pump header
- Intel® USB 3.1 on board: One Type-A port plus a reversible Type-C port
- ASUS Pro Clock Technology: Extends base clocks and improves stability for extreme overclocking
- Crystal Sound 3, Intel LAN and Turbo LAN: Flawless audio and low-latency networking
- 5X Protection II: Advanced hardware safeguards
One click overclock and cooling, done!
5-Way Optimization at your disposal it takes just one click to tune complex settings — for instant, highly-controllable performance boosts! Our exclusive technology dynamically optimizes essential aspects of your system based on real-time use, so you get superb CPU performance, everyday energy savings, ultra-stable digital power, cool and quiet fans and even networking and audio settings that are tailored for the apps that you are using. In short, 5-Way Optimization ensures that your PC is perfect for gaming, entertainment, productivity or just about anything else!
- Games run swiftly and smoothly with high performance, prioritized bandwidth and vivid sound.
- Fans stay whisper-quiet for everyday computing, and ensure extreme cooling efficiency when gaming.
- Stutter is eliminated for smooth-running apps, even under heavy loading.
- Energy waste is reduced so you'll save money.
CPU performance boost (TPU)
Unleash your PC's full performance with a simple two-phase onboard switch or the ASUS AI Suite 3 utility! The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) offers precise voltage control and advanced monitoring for the CPU and the graphics card, enabling great freedom to adjust CPU frequencies and ratios for optimized performance and to exploit the potential out of your graphics card*.
OC Design- ASUS PRO Clock technology
A dedicated base-clock (BCLK) generator designed for 6th-generation Intel® processors that allows overclocked base clock frequencies up to or beyond 400MHz*. This custom solution works in tandem with the ASUS TurboV Processing Unit (TPU), to enhance voltage and base-clock overclocking control — providing an exciting new way to boost performance to extreme heights.
Advantages of ASUS Pro Clock
- Reduced boot up time
- Lower jitter under extreme conditions for higher overclocks
- Increased stability under heavy overclocking
DDR4 overclocking strength in numbers
Second-generation ASUS T-Topology enables DDR4 memory overclocking to reach new heights: over DDR4-3866MHz with all memory slots populated. Featuring a customized trace layout for reduced crosstalk and coupling noise, our second-generation T-Topology ensures time-aligned signal transfer for improved memory stability and compatibility.
Native M.2/NVMe PCIe RAID support for lightning fast storage speeds!
Not satisfied with single storage device read/write speeds? Then join the fast lane and build a RAID 0 array using two PCIe storage drives to enjoy data transfers at lightning speed!
Fast storage speed with SATA Express
Current SSDs devour up to 550MB/s bandwidth, which is close to saturation point for SATA 6Gbit/s connections. Backwardly compatible with up to two SATA drives, SATA Express is the next-generation connectivity standard — and ensures that you and your system won't get left behind.
Speed up with onboard M.2 up to 32Gbit/s
With x4 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 bandwidth, M.2 supports up to 32Gbit/s data-transfer speeds. It is the perfect choice for an operating system or application drive, making your whole PC or professional apps work as fast as possible.